The Stylus 2020 Recap: The year that felt like a decade

2020. A year of tragedy, of reckoning, of resilience. A year that no one could have prepared for.

Here’s a look back at some of the most memorable headlines from the Stylus this year, and the stories that show how the Brockport community adapted and persevered through adversity and uncertainty.

SUNY Brockport students, staff and administration adjusted to online learning and the many restrictions set as the COVID-19 pandemic unfolded.

Student-athletes dealt with the loss of their seasons, and prepare for what’s to come.

Local businesses dealt with temporary closures, new regulations and economic hardship. Other businesses shared what it was like to open during a pandemic.

Social justice movements unfolded here and across the nation, starting conversations about how we can be more inclusive and change for the better.

The most tumultuous election in American history began, and is finally coming to an end.

We learned how to take care of ourselves.

And we learned how to take care of each other.

While 2020 may have taken a lot from us, it left us with a lot of headlines, and even more stories.