Celebrating Valentine’s Day on campus: events you can’t miss! 

Photo Credit: Becca Tapert/Unsplash

Get ready for an unforgettable Valentine’s Day on campus, as a flurry of events and celebrations promise to fill the day with love and excitement for students. From themed educational events to book lover parties, there’s something for everyone to enjoy as the campus comes alive with the spirit of love. 

The “Keep it Sexually Safe and Sweets Fest” is being hosted by Health Promotion and Prevention Education and Brockport Student Goverment. This event comes as part of Brockport`s annual safer-sex education fair, which will be held in the Seymour Union Ballroom from 11 a.m.-2 p.m.  

According to the Brockport Events Today calendar, students will be able to learn about, “sexual and reproductive health, how to get free safer sex supplies on campus, negotiating consent, getting tested for STIs/HIV and much more” during the fair.  

Hazen, Title IX, Student Conduct, RESTORE, Trillium Health, Willow and others will attend to answer any questions during the fair. In addition, there will be a raffle with prizes and sweet treats available for students.  

In the evening, the Drake Memorial Library will be hosting “Book Lovers Unite at a Book Lovers Valentine’s Day Party” from 5 p.m.-7 p.m. on the main floor, where students are encouraged to bring their favorite books. 

Activities range from indulging in specially crafted book-themed mocktails, creating Valentine’s Day cards and book-based games to win prizes.  

Later that night, the townhomes, Eagle, Perry, Thompson, McFarlane, Bramley, Gordon and McLean Hall will all be hosting Valentine’s Day-themed events put on by their RAs.