Volleyball honored with multiple all-conference honors 

Jordan Thompson (left), Alenna Williamson (center) and Kaitlyn Jewett (right) earned All-Conference honors for Brockport. (Photo Credit: Brockport Athletics)

After a fourth-place regular season finish, Brockport volleyball was honored with three selections to the SUNYAC first and third all-conference teams.  

Jordan Thompson was a first-team all-conference selection while Kaitlyn Jewett and Alenna Williamson were named to the third team. Each was instrumental to the team’s 16-14 overall record, and their eventual run to the SUNYAC semifinals.  

Thompson was a pillar in one of the most productive offenses in the SUNYAC conference. The Golden Eagles were second in the league in kills, and third in points scored. 

Leading the conference in kills with 416, Thompson was over 100 kills higher than the second-place finisher. She was just as effective on the serve, leading the team with 50 aces.  

“We played against so many great athletes, so I am super grateful to be named to the first team,” Thompson said. “There was definitely a mental preparation knowing that this was going to be my last year.” 

On the defensive side, third-team all-conference selection Alenna Williamson was solid throughout the season. Williamson led the team in blocks with 51.   

“My coach and I had talked about some different goals going into the season and I told him I wanted to get all-conference honors,” Williamson said.  

Williamson made an appearance in 27 games for the Golden Eagles, including eight conference games. She had a season-high eight blocks versus Clark University. Despite her season success, Williamson is ready to get back to work in the offseason. 

“I’m excited to get back in the weight room and get stronger, that’s always a goal of mine going into the offseason,” Williamson said.  

Rounding out the third team for the Golden Eagles was freshman Kaitlyn Jewett. The setter was electric in her rookie year, establishing herself as a key piece for Brockport. Jewett led both the team and the conference in assists, with 795. Also solid on the serve, Jewett was third on the team for aces, with 37 on the year.  

The Golden Eagles finished the season with a conference record of 6-3, ranking them fourth headed into the postseason.  

After winning their first-round matchup against Buffalo State in straight sets, the Golden Eagles fell in the semi-finals to the eventual champions SUNY Cortland on Nov. 10.  

Despite this, Williamson was proud of her team’s performance.  

“Even with a tough loss, we still played well and played as a team,” Williamson said. “That was really important to us.” 

The Golden Eagles will be looking to build off this year as they transition out of the SUNYAC conference. Volleyball is one of the Brockport sports heading to the Empire 8 conference starting next year.  

In her final year, Thompson reflected on the season as a whole.  

“Leaving this team is going to be one of the hardest things,” Thompson said. “As a program, we went through ups and downs, but we always showed up and gave 110% effort and that’s all I can ask for.”