Brockport sweeps SUNYAC Athlete of the Week again 

Andrew Taylor (left) and Chuck Domm (right) swept the SUNYAC men’s soccer athlete of the week awards. (Photo Credit: Kaite Wilson/ Brockport Athletics)

After a week in which the Brockport men’s soccer team went 2-0 to finish the regular season,  Chuck Domm and Andrew Taylor were named the SUNYAC Athletes of the Week. The Golden Eagles picked up two conference wins against Geneseo and Potsdam, placing them second in the SUNYAC standings heading into the postseason.  

Offensive Athlete of the Week Chuck Domm was critical in Brockport’s success. Against Geneseo, Domm converted his only shot for Brockport’s first score of the game. The Golden Eagles finished that game on top, with a score of 2-0. In their regular-season finale against Potsdam, Domm was even more impactful. In 60 minutes played, he finished with two goals and an assist.  

Domm finishes the regular season with five goals and 11 points, putting him in second on the team in both categories.  

The SUNYAC Defensive Athlete of the Week Andrew Taylor has continued to be reliable in net, earning the award for the second time this season.  

“Being named Athlete of the Week for the second time is definitely a big accomplishment for me,” Taylor said. “I have to attribute my ability to perform consistently at a high level to the training environment we make at practice.” 

Against Geneseo, Taylor made seven saves and earned Brockport’s seventh shutout of the season. On Saturday versus Potsdam Taylor again proved effective, making four saves and only allowing one goal.  

In SUNYAC play Taylor ranks first in both save percentage and minutes played and will play a critical role entering the SUNYAC tournament.  

“Our preparation going into the semifinal is to make sure we stay sharp and have no drop-off,” Taylor said.  

Domm also expressed his mentality going into the playoffs. 

“The team is highly motivated,” Domm said. “Every match from here on out should be treated as a championship match.” 

The Golden Eagles have a bye into the semifinals where they will play either Geneseo or Oneonta. That game will take place at home on Nov. 1 at 6 p.m.