Brockport volleyball dominates Fredonia on senior night 

Brockport volleyball celebrated senior night Friday. (Photo Credit: Liv Metz/Brockport Athletics)

Brockport volleyball defeated Fredonia on Friday, winning in straight sets to cap off a night that celebrated Brockport’s four seniors. Seniors Kaia Hubbard, Megan Loomis, Ashley Allen and Brooklyn Sullivan were all honored. 

The Golden Eagles dominated from start to finish, never letting the visiting Blue Devils get close. They won the three sets 25-16, 25-11 and 25-15. The win moves Brockport to 4-1 in conference play and tied for third in the SUNYAC rankings.  

The celebrations of senior night created pregame excitement for Brockport. 

“We were all just saying we just wanted to play while waiting for the announcements,” Loomis said. “We used that excitement to light the fire to start the match.”   

Loomis was instrumental in Brockport’s success, with 12 kills on the day, leading the game. Jordan Thompson also added 12 kills. Kaitlyn Jewett assisted over half of Brockport’s points, with 29. Jewett was equally as successful on the serve, finishing with four aces.  

On the defensive side, Hubbard led the game with five blocks. 

“This team is very fired up,” Hubbard said. “I think tonight gave us a lot of confidence and insight into the team that we can be.” 

Loomis echoed a similar sentiment.  

“This team is ready to get after it,” Loomis said. “We’ve been working hard in practice and are excited to finish up SUNYAC play.” 

The Golden Eagles continue SUNYAC play on Saturday, Oct. 14, at 1 p.m. against Buffalo State.