Bingo with a twist 

Adore performing to “Ego” by Beyoncé. (Photo Credit: Cambrie Eckert)

SUNY Brockport’s drag bingo event attracted several students to the Seymour Union main lounge for a night of fun and inclusivity on Friday. Throughout the event, students played more than eight different variations of bingo, ranging from postage stamp to traditional. 

Drag queen Carmen Adore led each round. Bingo cards and marker chips were distributed, as well as Brockport pom-poms to celebrate each winner. Adore has been doing drag for almost 20 years. 

“I started when I was 17 and I’m 36 now. I love doing it. It’s like my full-time job now,” Adore said. 

Halfway through the night, Adore performed “Ego” by Beyoncé, dancing and lip-syncing in her flowy blue, custom-made skirt, while students cheered her on and clapped to the music. 

Students playing drag bingo in the Seymour Union main lounge. (Photo Credit: Cambrie Eckert)

BSG activities coordinator Christian Lopez helped to bring associate director for student activities programming Amari Simpson’s idea to life, ensuring the event went smoothly. 

By the end of the night, 17 students had won a variety of prizes, ranging from $15 gift cards to a Cirkul water bottle set. Students can discover more exciting events happening on campus by downloading the CORQ app or by looking at the myBrockport events page.