Track & Field finds success at RIT 

Photo credit: Brockport Athletics Flickr

This past weekend, the track and field teams headed east to compete at RIT on Friday, Jan. 28.  

The women’s team had at least one Golden Eagle placing in the top three for almost every event.   

Freshman Courtney Bostic placed second in the 60 m dash finishing with a time of 8.51 seconds. In the 200 m dash, seniors Sarah Levine and Clara Sensini finished second and third respectively. Levine crossed the line at the timestamp of 26.95 seconds while Sensini followed closely behind, crossing at 27.41 seconds.  

Brockport led the 300 and 400 m dashes. Junior Chyra Patterson took first place at 49.19 seconds in the 300 m, and  freshmen Vanessa Ramos and Courtney Bostic finished at 64.14 and 64.26 seconds. In the 400 m, earning first and second place respectively. Junior Naomi Sibley finished slightly behind them at 64.40 seconds to take third.  

Sophomores Kaylee Haynes and Julianne Wilson represented the Golden Eagles while taking first and second place in the 800 m run. Haynes finished at 2:29.37 and Wilson at 2:30.92.  

Finishing second in the 1000 m run was junior Emma Mathes. Mathes crossed the line at 3:13.42. Freshman Leah Siegmann took second,  finishing with 10:57.61 in the 3000 m run.  

Not only did the women place well on the track, but the energy carried over into their field events. 

In the high jump, junior Micheala Levesque finished first while senior Sarah Killip finished second. Levesque reached 1.57 m, and Killip finished closely behind at 1.52 m.  

In the pole vault, sophomore Mya Henry reached 2.90 m, taking third in the event.  

Senior Mia Montgomery finished second in the long jump with a distance of 5.40 m.  

Junior Sarah Crockett finished second in the shot put at 12.78 m and first in the weight throw at 16.19 m. Alongside Crockett, freshman Trinity Dees took third place in the shot put, finishing at 11.35 m. Junior Emma Kinnicutt and Sophomore Lainey Porter also placed in the weight throw for the Golden Eagles. Kinnicutt threw 14.91 m, taking second, and Porter threw 14.16 m, taking third.  

The men’s team also ranked in many events. Junior Kelly Brown not only took first in the 60 m dash, but he set a personal record, crossing the line at 6.99 seconds. 

In the 200 m dash, the Golden Eagles ranked 14th, 22nd and 25th. Freshman Isaiah Wright finished in 14th with a time of 24.96 seconds, sophomore Matthew Then placed 22nd with a time of 25.81 seconds and freshman Oluseye Ilori took 25th with a time of 26.76 seconds. 

Freshmen Ayden Grinion and Nathan Roehrig took second and fifth respectively in the 300 m dash. Sophomore Caleb Carr followed in sixth. Grinion finished with a time of 36.67 sec., Roehrig finished at 38.47 seconds, and Carr finished the race at 40.72 seconds.  

Sophomore Nick Markle and freshman Ledreth Velez-Olmo finished one after the other in the 400 m dash with times of  52.50 seconds and  52.79 seconds for sixth and seventh place.  

The 4×200 m relay placed second at the competition. Aaron Ottenwalder, Derek Edick, Jordan Cancel and Kelly Brown were able to finish the event with a time of 1:36.21.  

Michael Durski, Josh Jeziorski, Nathan Roehrig and Ayden Grinion finished the 4×400 relay in third place with a time of 3:35.21. 

Freshman Mark Simmons took third in the high jump at 1.86 m. In the pole vault, freshman Dustin Meyer earned second place with a vault of 4.80 m.  

In the long jump, senior Josh Jeziorski took first place with 7.24 m.  Freshman Howard Nix finished in third with 6.74 m. Sophomore Joe Gefell, competing in the triple jump, finished third at 13.19 m.  

Sophomore Alex Rood finished in first with a distance of 15.94 m. in the weight throw, and junior Matthew Jackson placed third with a distance 14.65 m.  

The Golden Eagles return home for their next meet on Friday, Feb. 3 through Saturday, Feb. 4. Live streaming and results can be accesed through Leone Timing.