Brockport men’s basketball blitzes Keystone College for first win 

Photo credit: Brockport Athletics Flickr

The SUNY Brockport men’s basketball team picked up their first win 92-78 over Keystone College. Mehki Beckett led the way with a career high of 33 points, including 25 in the first half.  

The Golden Eagles led 49-26 at the break shooting 54% from three and 52% from the field overall. From there, Brockport built a lead as big as 30 in the second half before coasting toward the finish line. 

Beckett led the way for the potent Golden Eagles attack. He shot an efficient 11-20 from the field and 6-12 from three in route to his career scoring night. He also chipped in seven rebounds. David Grady nearly had a double-double at halftime and finished with 16 points and 14 boards. Fresh off joining the 1,000-point club, Jahidi Wallace chipped in 15 points and five rebounds. 

The Green and Gold defense was just as critical to the victory. Keystone was held to just 39% from the field and 19% from three-point range, shooting 4-21. Turnovers remained an issue for Brockport, after 17 in the opening season loss they recorded 19 Friday. 

The Golden Eagles record now sits at 1-1 on the season. They will be in action next Wednesday when they host Hobart College.