Brockport Volleyball Takes Down Geneseo in Four Sets 

Brockport volleyball defeats Geneseo Photo Credit: Brockport Athletics Flickr – Mathieu Starke

The SUNY Brockport volleyball team continued to roll Wednesday night as they took down Geneseo 3-1. With the win, the Golden Eagles moved to 12-3 overall and a perfect 3-0 in SUNYAC conference play. 

Brockport has now won four consecutive matches and seven of their last eight. They were led once again by the dynamic duo of Jordan Thompson and Andrea Coyle. The two leading scorers in all the SUNYAC conference put their talents on full display combining for 38 points with 31 kills in the match. 

The Golden Eagles was firmly in control right from the outset as they cruised toward victories of 25-14 and 25-15 in the first two sets. Geneseo showed some fight in set three and controlled the match for the first time all night, eventually winning 26-24.  The Golden Eagles reasserted their dominance and won the third set 25-14 to lock up another win.   

Brockport’s dominance becomes even more evident when looking at the stat sheet.  They led the match in every major statistical category as they notched 70 points, 10 aces, five blocks, 50 assists and 77 digs.  

The Green and Gold will look to continue their strong play when they welcome Ithaca College (10-3) on Saturday.