Jimmy Z’s set to temporarily close their doors

Jimmy Zs set to temporarily close their doors

The beloved restaurant Jimmy Z’s located on Main Street is temporarily closing its doors as of Tuesday night.  

Owner Jimmy Zisovski opened the college student hot spot in Brockport on February 18, 2003 and has been serving some of Brockport’s favorite garbage plates, an iconic Rochester staple, and shakes ever since.  

Yesterday, Zisovski released a statement on social media and on their website announcing the business will be closing their doors temporarily. 

Zisovski said due to a personal knee injury that requires extensive care and treatment and the current struggles of owning a small business in this climate, closing the doors was a necessary decision.   

“With the current state of inflation, our shortage of help, and just the overall struggles of operating a small business these days, its best we shut down our current operation and revamp,” Zisovski said.  

Zisovski ensures the business will continue to offer catering services, food trucks and indoor restaurant services for private parties. Zisocski also state the restaurant will open again as normal sometime in the future.