Local woman asking for public’s help in celebrating her mother’s 95th birthday

Barber Cuts is a small barber shop located in the same building as Crosby’s on Main St. in Brockport. (Photo credit: Paul Cifonelli)

Gina Teresi doesn’t remember the last time she’s hugged her mother, Jessie.

Jessie Teresi has moved between assisted living facilities, rehabilitation centers and hospitals since she had a stroke back in 2019. She suffered the stroke, two hip fractures and 11 falls — all in one year.

Before this she was living independently in her own home in Batavia.

And now, like many others impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, Jessie hasn’t been able to see her family without strict guidelines and regulations in place.

On Nov. 28, Jessie will turn 95.

She won’t be able to spend it with her family, and Gina is asking for help in making her mother’s big day as special as she can. She is asking family, friends and strangers if they can send cards to Jessie to surprise her and put a smile on her face.

She said in a Facebook post:

“To celebrate her 95th birthday this year I thought it would be great if we could mail her birthday cards even if she does not know you since we can’t celebrate her 95 years in person with a party.”

Anyone who would like to send a card can send it to this address:

Jessie Teresi, Evergreen Place, Apt. 116, 90 West Ave., Brockport N.Y. 14420.

For more information, go to https://brockport.edu/academics/special_sessions/winter/index.html.