Swimming’s round trip weekend to Ohio 

Photo credit: Haley Brown via Brockport Athletics Flickr

Both the Brockport men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams traveled to Ohio for the Oberlin Mid-Season Championship style meet from Thursday, Nov. 17 to Saturday, Nov. 19. 

The women finished second in the meet score of 831, while the men finished tenth with 353 points.  

For the women’s team, Miya Vitale finished second with a time of 2:11.75 in the 200-yard backstroke. In the 100-yard freestyle, Elizabeth Sagan came in second place with a time of 53.58 while teammate Sawyer Parker placed 17th with a time of 56:10. Sam Whitman and Teagan Makuch swam in the 200-yard breaststroke. Whitman finished ninth with 2:40.22 and Makuch finished with a time of 2:43.68 in 15th. Finishing in fifth for the 200-yard butterfly was Nicole Orcutt. Just behind her was Emi Wilck with a time of 2:44.79.  

Eight more single Golden Eagles were successful in the meet. In the 1650-yard freestyle, Emily LeFrois-Heath placed fourth with a time of 18:41.02. A few strokes behind her were Hannah Pauly and Esther Zadov. Pauly placed 11th at 20:14.70 and Zadov finished 18th at 20:51.81. In the 400-yard freestyle relay, Sagan, Parker, Nicole Orcutt and LeFrois-Heath finished in second place just five seconds shy of the team record with a time of 3:38.28.  

Placing first and third for the Golden Eagles on the 1-meter dive board was Kyra Russ and Caroline Rossi respectively.  

For the men’s team, the Green and Gold also had success. Luca Olivieri took sixth place in the 200-yard backstroke finishing with a time of 2:00.65. Following Olivieri was Jace Frederickson, finishing at 2:06.25 in 15th. Oliver Dragojevic finished seventh in the 200-yard breaststroke with a time of 2:31.71.  

Olivieri, Joe Keeney, Dragojevic and Fredrickson touched the pad for ninth in the 400-yard relay at 3:22.77.  

Kurt Mueller and Ren Watson placed third and fourth in the 3-meter diving event.  

Following Thanksgiving break, both teams will face off at 1 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 3.