Off-campus protesters weren’t ticketed for parking on campus, students raise concern

Brockport students say they are confused by this because if they park in the wrong lot, they immediately get ticketed for $25.   

“I just said [to the University Police Department] that there was like a lot of cars in that parking lot [Lot G] that don’t have passes and I was curious why they weren’t being ticketed since we pay $160 a year to park there. He [an officer] said that ‘school’s not in session right now so they can park wherever they want,’” one student said. 

More than one unauthorized vehicle was in the G lot. Multiple students say parking authority pulled into the G lot, then turned around to leave within seconds. 

“People aren’t intentionally doing it [parking in the wrong lot]. If they park there, they might not have known, maybe they weren’t told. I work closely with the organizers, and I know they sent it out, but you can’t hit everybody,” said Blue Lives Matter protester Marcus C. Williams. 

During the two-and-a-half-hour protest, no one who parked in the G lot left with a ticket.