NFL Week 11 Preview

DENVER – SEPTEMBER 16: A close up of the official NFL ‘The Duke’ game ball complete with commissioner Roger Goodell’s signature as the Denver Broncos defeated the Oakland Raiders 23-20 in overtime during week two NFL action at Invesco Field at Mile High on September 16, 2007 in Denver, Colorado. (Photo by Doug Pensinger/Getty Images)

The NFL season is starting to heat up, and as it gets closer to the playoffs, the fate of many teams will be decided in this eight-week span. Contenders will be separated from pretenders, and both playoff seeding and draft position will be on the line. As we have come to learn this season, on any given Sunday, anything can happen. Let’s take a look at some of the most intriguing matchups in week 11.  

The most anticipated matchup of the week is certainly the Dallas Cowboys vs. the Kansas City Chiefs. The Cowboys will roll into Arrowhead Stadium sitting at 7-2 and have emerged as a legitimate threat in the NFC. They put on an offensive fireworks show last week, dropping 43 on the Falcons. Kansas City looked as if they are starting to hit their groove, as they are coming off a dominant 41-14 win over the Las Vegas Raiders on the road. This has all the makings of a shootout. Expect both offenses to continue their recent success, and Dak Prescott and the ‘Boys should have no problem exploiting a weak Kansas City defense.  

For Mahomes and the Chiefs, expect them to target Travis Kelce throughout the game, as the matchup of Tyreek Hill and Trevon Diggs may make Mahomes less inclined to throw his way. Dallas should try a run-first play calling scheme to try to keep Mahomes off the field at home. Dallas has a great chance to win this game outright, but as +3 point underdogs, take the points here as this game may very well come down to the last possession, potentially a game-winning field goal.  

The Green Bay Packers visit the Minnesota Vikings Sunday in another installment in one of the NFC North’s great rivalries. Aaron Rodgers should be back to 100% after looking a little shaky in his first game back from the COVID-19 list against a porous Seattle secondary. With Aaron Jones out, A.J. Dillon will handle the bulk of the carries for the Packers, and he should have no problem stepping in for Jones. Minnesota’s 26th ranked pass defense should be an encouraging sight for Davante Adams, Rodgers’ favorite target. Adams has had a few down weeks in terms of his usual production, but now that Rodgers is back into the swing of things, expect Green Bay to exploit a weak Vikings’ secondary.  

Minnesota enters the game in a must-win situation if they want to stay in the mix as a potential playoff contender in the NFC wild card. Green Bay’s secondary featuring Darnell Savage and Eric Stokes have done a good job holding opposing receivers in check this season, but will have a tough assignment in facing Justin Jefferson and Adam Thielen. Dalvin Cook faces a tough test against the Packers’ ninth-best defense against the run, but with their current spot in the standings, Minnesota has no choice but to come out swinging.  

Although Minnesota needs this win, Aaron Rodgers has a passer rating of 108.5, 6,130 yards and 50 touchdowns against Minnesota in his career. With Green Bay being only slight favorites in this one, ride with Rodgers and the Packers.  

The Cincinnati Bengals are taking a trip to Las Vegas on Sunday. With both teams coming off two straight losses, expect both offenses to push the envelope and try to get back in the win column. Cincinnati has looked like more of a serious threat so far this season, so they are fairly priced as -1 favorites, but with all the controversy surrounding Las Vegas, it goes without saying that Derek Carr and the Raiders are trying to get something positive going.  

Cincinnati has had a long time to think about their losses to the Jets and Browns, and although most teams stumble returning from their bye week, look for the Bengals to return to their early season form. Joe Burrow should be able to take advantage of the Raiders secondary, as long as the pass rush of Yannick Ngakoue and Maxx Crosby don’t get to him first. Ja’marr Chase, Joe Mixon and Tee Higgins could all be in line for a big game.  

The Raiders offense at times vs. the Chiefs on Sunday night looked hopeless, and that really says something because there have been times this season where that defense looked abysmal. Cincinnati should be able to get the job done and handle business on the road.  

Other intriguing matchups Sunday will include the Indianapolis Colts visiting the Buffalo Bills, the Baltimore Ravens traveling to Chicago to play the Bears, Cam Newton starting his first game since rejoining the Panthers and facing his former head coach Ron Rivera and the Pittsburgh Steelers visiting Los Angeles to play the Chargers. Enjoy the action week 11 of the NFL season has to offer.